Thursday, January 21, 2010

Rain

I wish I was clever and could write wonderful stories to entertain. Alas, my lack was discovered long ago by my 5th grade teacher. Although Miss Shields encouraged me to use my imagination, I still struggle. I did manage to write (I thought at the time) a brilliant story. "Attack of the killer frogs". Maybe, I'm just greedy and want it all. Or maybe I read what my wonderful sons have written and wish I could express myself as eloquently as they. My gifts must lie somewhere else. Having qualified my expressions I'd like to say, I love the rain. The greens seem brighter and refreshed. The streets shine with moisture & I feel the hope of spring. Renewed, enlivened, a fresh new start. I'm reminded that everything will be restored to it's original vitality. Just as in life & in death we will be restored. I'm grateful.

No comments: